I know it’s already Tuesday, but I didn’t blog yesterday due to being a bit under the weather. Two buffets for Mother’s Day does not a happy tummy make. We’ll leave it at that!
So it was kind of a 2.25-day weekend, I guess. Although it was definitely not without its frustrations!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Grocery shopping
- Created a binder for the house that holds all of our electrical items’ warranties and manuals
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Entire house dusted
- All floors vacuumed
- All wood and tile floors mopped
- Cooked dinner
- Wrapped Mother’s Day gifts
- Baked cookies for Mother’s Day
- Painted toenails
Epic fail #1: I spent about 3 hours cleaning up cabinets that were given to us to be hung in our garage…and after all that…I wasn’t even half-way done. And I had planned on painting them afterwards? Yeah, right. I was SO frustrated over the waste of time it was, I literally had to cry it out. Thank goodness my husband was at work – he hates when I’m so frustrated I cry!
Epic fail #2: It was the day for the Mail Carrier’s Food Drive, so I set a nice bag of non-perishables out by the mailbox to give. In the middle of my cleaning the cabinets out in the garage, I noticed that it was STORMING outside. I really enjoy a good storm, so I stood watching it for about five minutes before I realized that the non-perishables I had left out for the mailman? Well…they had perished.
Epic fail #3: I got bleach in my eyes while I was cleaning the massive shower in our master bathroom (seriously…I need to take a pic of our shower and post it…I could use it as an office!) My eyes are already sensitive as it is, so they swelled up beautifully, and I had to waste more time icing them than I normally do when I have a reaction. And I stepped on CoCo the kitty’s tail in the process, which, according to her yowls, was the worst part of the whole day.
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sunday school, choir and church
- Lunch with my hubby’s mom and the family
- Took a nap
- Dinner with my mom and the family
- Rid ourselves of the last of the moving boxes
- Found several AWESOME treasures for the house at the new Big Lots
Accomplished on Monday:
- Rid myself of the yuckiness
- Had the guest bathroom toilet removed (it was leaky)
- Finished editing a photo session
- Weeded and sprayed off the back patio (the previous owners didn’t leave it in the best of shape)
- Cleaned the back porch
- Thanked goodness I felt more like myself by the end of the day!
So that’s it in a nutshell! I also decided, throughout the course of the weekend, and for about the millionth time…that I CANNOT do it all. Except this time, I did something about it. Guess who’s cleaning my house this coming weekend? NOT ME!!!