What is the Liebster Award, you say?
Well, apparently it’s an award for blogs with 200 followers or less! If you meet that criteria (and other qualifications), someone who has received the Liebster Award is able to choose you to pass it on to…and then you are able to pass it on, and so forth and so on. It’s a great way to get to know other bloggers, network, and get new followers, too!
So first of all, I want to thank Mandy from Peachy Cheeks for nominating me for the award! Mandy gives the definition for the word “Liebster”, which is a German word that means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. How nice!
- I have to post 11 facts about myself
- I have to answer the 11 questions from my nominator
- I have to nominate 11 other blogs with under 200 followers and ask THEM 11 questions
Sounds like fun, right? So here we go…
Oh, I’ve tried to separate out the “sections” in this post…because there’s a lot of information! Hopefully it’s not too confusing!
11 Facts About Myself
- I work full-time doing marketing for a fantastic insurance agency. We specialize in churches, nonprofits and private/charter schools, so we have some really neat clients!
- I sucked my thumb until I was eight years old. (Much to my mother’s chagrin)
- I have unrealistic ideas of myself as a DIY person…when mostly I start on something and then realize I have no idea what I’m doing. That usually results in a call to my dad. But I keep trying!!!
- I always make sure there are no dirty dishes in the kitchen sink when I go to bed, because I HATE waking up to dishes in the sink!
- I love to do things for other people. Really and truly.
- I have Celiac’s disease, and I maintain my health with a gluten-free lifestyle. It sure has gotten a LOT easier than it used to be!
- I absolutely will not buy anything unless I have a specific place or plan for it. No matter how much I love it!
- I’m terrified of birds.
- My favorite snack is dill pickles and milk. (I know, I know. This really grosses my husband out LOL)
- I originally began college as a Psychology major. Then I switched and double-majored in Journalism and Public Relations
- I can sing alto, soprano and tenor…but I prefer soprano
11 Questions from Mandy at Peachy Cheeks (And my answers!)
1. What’s your favorite accessory this season? I am really loving the Chevron stripes…on anything and everything! Funny, because I thought they were so blah when I first saw them – but they’ve grown on me, big time!
2. What is your best advice for new parents? Well, I’m not a parent myself, but, considering I worked my way through college as a nanny for triplet boys (and their younger brother, too) I would say that life moves so quickly – take time to enjoy your kids no matter what is happening in the background! You’ll never get a repeat with them – make it count!
3. What’s on your DVR? I have no idea…my hubby knows how to work all that stuff. I’m the wife who has to call him at work to get instructions for turning on the TV, ha! (He’s got all kinds of gadgets and toys around the TV…I have a hard time working it!) But I AM an avid Hulu and Netflix watcher! Right now I’m working my way through Chicago Fire, and I’m keeping up with Army Wives, The Voice, Master Chef, and anything related to Buddy “The Cake Boss” on TLC!
4. What color do you love to wear? Black. Slimming.
5. Beach or pool? I’m a Florida girl, so I’m definitely all about the beach!
6. What type of music do you listen to most? The most? Contemporary Christian. But my husband and I are both musically inclined, so I listen to it ALL, honestly. Except rap. Blech.
7. What is your most prized possession? Right now I’m in possession of all my grandmother’s photos. When she passed away, I started scanning them into digital form. One of these days I’ll finish and be able to give them on CD’s to the rest of the family. Those are pretty important!
8. What is your favorite quote? Oh, there are so many!!! I’ll go with this one: “There are two ways to look at the world: As if nothing is a miracle, or as if everything is a miracle.” (Albert Einstein)
9. What is the best book you have read most recently? “The Hunger Games” was awesome! Sadly, I have a HUGE list of books to read, and not nearly enough time to read them.
10. Edward or Jacob? HA! Would you believe, I’ve never read the Twilight books, or seen the movies. But I’d have to say Jacob. Just from pictures. Because the half-dead look doesn’t do much for me!
11. Have you ever met anyone famous? I actually once interviewed CiCi Winans! That was pretty cool!
The 11 Blogs I Nominate Are:
Questions for My Nominees:
1. Why do you blog?
2. If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be?
3. Would you consider yourself to be messy, average or organized when it comes to life in general?
4. If you were going to your local office supply store, what would you be purchasing?
5. If you had an entire day, completely to yourself, with no interruptions, what would you do?
6. What is your dream “techie” purchase?
7. What is your best marriage advice?
8. What is your favorite holiday, and why?
9. Mac or PC?
10. In what room of your house do you spend the most time, and why?
11. What is your favorite brand when it comes to purses?
I hope everyone enjoys!