I was looking forward to a quieter weekend…but that’s not exactly how it turned out! That’s okay, though. Still got tons of stuff done!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Grocery shopping
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Cleaned the entire house
- Delivered an album to a client
- Cooked for and delivered dinner to my dear friend and her husband and five kids
- Prepped and delivered a birthday gift
- Cooked for and attended a family birthday party
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Laundry (there are only two of us living here, I wish I knew how the laundry got to be SO ridiculous!)
- Choir and church
- Took a nap
- Prepped and delivered a graduation gift
- Worked in the kitchen at church prepping for the reception for our High School seniors
- Tried out a new gluten-free baking mix
What? The stove. Oh yes…the stove…
So, we have a BRAND NEW stove in our home.
On Saturday, the main dish I was making for my friend and her family was Baked Spaghetti. Which was coming along swimmingly, until I realized that it sure was taking the water for the spaghetti noodles a while to boil. Then I realized that my husband had gone and run an errand, and HAD COME BACK…and the water STILL wasn’t boiling.
This did not bode well.
He got out the manual and warranty papers, and I got out the threats. (A lot of good that did me, right?) Still no boiling. So, much to my chagrin, the main course for the lovely family ended up being a frozen lasagna. (Baked, of course. But sadly, not homemade.)
All through the rest of the days festivities, I stewed (no pun intended) over that stove. Maybe it was the cookware? Oh yes, then I guess the solution was going to be to purchase all new cookware…preferably Paula Deen‘s brand, please! But what if it was the stove! I guess we’d have to get a brand new one…and then I’d finally get the double-oven I’ve been swooning over!
I eventually figured out that it was just one pot that doesn’t like the stove. So…I guess I get a new “big” pot. Definitely the most economical fix of all the possibilities I had created!
What did YOU do over the weekend?