Hello, all! I feel like I haven’t blogged in FOREVER! (In actuality, it’s been 5 days…which IS forever for someone who blogs daily! Wow!) So, for today’s “Over the Weekend” post, I’m headed back to Thursday of last week!
Accomplished on Thursday:
- Entire house cleaned
- Grocery shopping for the weekend house guests done
- Hubby got the entire yard mowed, weed-eated and blown off
- Celebrated the 4th of July (which is also my momma’s birthday!) in the hospital. (Not exactly the plan – we were going to have a birthday party for her at my sister’s house, but my sister ended up in the hospital for a few days last week, and my sweet momma didn’t want to leave her alone in there!) So I packed up some Baked Penne and Independence Day cupcakes and we headed to hospital. Hey, we were all together, that’s what matters, right?
Accomplished on Friday:
- Slept in until 8:00 a.m. (OH YEAH!)
- Last-minute preps for the company to arrive (i.e. air mattresses blown up and made up, food prep, party decor in place)
- House guests (2 adults and 4 kids) arrived at 4:00 p.m., party guests arrived at 6:00 p.m. and we got the party started!
- Laundry done for my mom (her washing machine broke and she brought hers to me while the party was goin’ on!) and for our guests (theirs was strapped to the roof of their car through a rain storm and needed a bit of freshening up)
- House was straightened and breakfast was prepped by 11:00 p.m. (and Kristen was TIRED!) But it was SO much fun!!!
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Breakfast for 8!
- We then spent 11 hours at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, and I successfully managed to strain my ankle. Yep. Gotta love it!
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Breakfast for 8!
- Got the house guests packed up successfully
- Spent the rest of the day getting the house back in order and icing my ankle
We really did have a wonderful weekend with our family – the house seems SO quiet now! Posts coming soon on parties, prepping for house guests and keeping them happy while they’re visiting! (And some yummy recipes, too!)
And don’t forget about the Stubb’s Giveaway! It’s still going on right now! Have you entered? If not, CLICK BELOW!!! You only have until midnight tomorrow (Tuesday, July 9)!!!
What did you do over the holiday weekend?