Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! My week last week was pretty stressful, so some decompression was needed on my part – I believe I accomplished that!
My hubby actually did his yard chores and I did my inside-the-house-chores on Thursday evening, so we wouldn’t have as much to do over the weekend. We were tired (we both work full time and I have a couple part-time jobs, so it was a long day) but it was well worth-it!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Completed a packet of invitations I had designed for a birthday party (I do some designing along in my part-time business, Portray Photography & OS)
- Dropped off my hubby’s car at the mechanic’s AGAIN (he has this crazy issue with the fuel system – when he puts gas in the car, it won’t start. We’re trying to take care of that issue!)
- Had dinner with dear friends and then drove over to the beach to walk along the shore and watch the sun set. Just what I needed!
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Photo shoot with a very sweet 5-year-old
- Grocery shopping
- Afternoon excursion to World Market (about an hour away from us, but it ended up being in a HUGE shopping center, so we made the most of it! Blog coming on my first experience at the store soon!)
- Prepared a Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad for our Sunday School Luncheon the next day
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sunday School, choir and church (and we were even there EARLY – hubby was singing a solo and needed a sound check!)
- Sunday School Luncheon at the home of one of the couples in our Young Married’s Class. We LOVE this group!
- Picked up my hubby’s car from the mechanic…hoping and praying this did the trick! (We’ll see when he goes to get gas today!)
- Took a nap (and someone, who shall remain nameless…but I’m married to him…forgot to set the alarm, so we didn’t wake up until after 6:00 p.m. WOAH. At 2:00 a.m. this morning I was still awake! HA!)
- Cooked dinner
- Finished getting the guest room and guest bathroom back in order after our house guests last weekend
I’m learning (at least I HOPE I’m learning) that, even though I tend to do a lot of work over the weekend, I really need to do fun things, too. Because if I don’t, I go back to work on Monday feeling exhausted…and that doesn’t make for a good start to a new week!
What did YOU do over the weekend?