Well, I’m happy today that I actually feel like I HAD a weekend! (That doesn’t happen often, folks! It’s definitely cause for celebration!)
Accomplished on Friday:
- Grocery Shopping
- Date night 🙂
Accomplished on Saturday:
- A big, fat, NOTHING. (Well, I DID cook dinner…ahem…Breakfast for Dinner…so I guess that’s something…but, other than that…nope, NOTHING.) But that was kind of the idea, since Saturday was our monthly “Day of Nothing”. And I didn’t even know this, but it was officially “Lazy Day”. Yep, it’s a “holiday”, I promise! How coordinated are we?! Ha! As we sat on the couch, my husband looked at me and said, “You know what, it’s pretty sad that we have to “schedule” a day to rest.” But seriously, that’s our life right now, folks. I encourage all of you to do the same! You’ll feel MUCH better, I promise!
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Choir (well, kind of – I actually got pulled from the choir loft and set upstairs to run the projection when the team wound up short-handed! So a little bit of a different view – but still fun!) and church
- Sunday afternoon nap (LOVE THOSE!)
- Dinner with my hubby and mother-in-law
- A little dreaming and planning at Home Depot
- Freak-out and investigation following the fact of me noticing my blog views were up almost three times the amount from Saturday to Sunday. WHAT?! What’s this?!
We are gearing up to redo the landscaping at the front of our home (which my hubby is much more excited about than I am. Hey, it’s HOT here in Florida! I would much rather be inside, preparing fresh lemonade and iced tea and serving him and some of his friends while THEY’RE doing all the work.) His perspective says: “If you’re not out there doing it with me, you’re gonna come outside in the middle of it and I’m gonna have to stop and re-do everything to your liking. I’m not doing all that. You’re gonna help.”
Okay, okay. Point made. A valid one, at that. This should be…fun…right? (Or so I’m telling myself.) If anyone has any favorite plants that do well in the hot sun for the majority of the day, do let me know!
I guess that’s about it – what did YOU do over the weekend?
Oh, and don’t forget! The Van’s Natural Foods giveaway is still going on RIGHT NOW! So CLICK HERE to enter!