Well, I hope everyone had a fantastic Labor Day Weekend!
A few weeks back, my husband realized that, with his new position at work, he had to be off for four consecutive days to not have files added to his queue. So he took Friday off, as well: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday (Labor Day) so he had the four days off and didn’t have to come back after three with three days of files added to his workload. In the spirit of marriage, I took Friday off with him! So we actually had a four-day-weekend…which was SO nice. We’re “take a vacation once a year” people, and since we bought a house this year, we decided to forgo our vacation…and we’ve missed it! So a whole four days together was just heaven!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Slept in
- Grocery shopping for South Beach Diet Week 2!!!
- Visited my parents
- Drove down to Ellenton (about an hour from us) to shop at the outlet mall; got some great deals and ate a healthy dinner
- Drove 30 minutes more to Anna Mara Island to watch the sun set
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Slept in
- Edited three sets of photos
- Went to a healthy dinner with my in-laws
- Pinned a TON of stuff on Pinterest (seriously, go follow me if you don’t already – I’ve been busy! CLICK HERE!)
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sound Check, Sunday School, choir, church
- Took a nap
- Finally got to watch the new “The Great Gatsby”! Have you seen it yet? What did you think?
- Pulled out all of my Fall decor to see where I would place what and what I might need (since we’re in a different house than we were last Fall!)
- Worked on some resumes for clients
Accomplished on Monday:
- Slept in
- Hit Pier 1, Target & Hobby Lobby for fall decor
- Cleaned out my side of the closet
- Did some decorating in the Dining Room
- Worked on the blog
So we packed a LOT into a long weekend! But it was so nice! Until getting ready for Monday last night. HA! The real world seemed to come back way earlier than I was ready for!
And for those interested in our progress so far on the South Beach Diet, I’m pleased to say that, in our first week:
I lost 8.1 pounds
My hubby lost 6 pounds
The first three days were NOT fun, because of the sugar withdrawal and the awful headaches from no caffeine. But it was better after that passed.
We’re thrilled with the results, but I’ve got to say, this is HARD WORK. I come home from working a full time job to cook dinner, then cook breakfast and lunch for the next day. (Not to mention any work I need to do for the photography business, or for the blog!) I’m really hoping that Phase 2 is a little easier, because this has pretty much zapped all of the fun I get from cooking. It’s really a bit of a chore now, and I guess that’s because I can’t experiment like I’m used to. I have to literally go by the book…and that’s not much fun at all.
I will also say that this has showed us how badly we really were eating before we started it. And we honestly didn’t think it was all that bad. We’ll be much healthier from here on out, I’m sure of it.
So that’s just our first week! We’ll see how it goes this week. Grocery shopping was definitely much easier this time around, so hopefully that’s a sign!
How was YOUR weekend? Do anything fun?