Another busy and fun weekend at the House of Campbell! Now that my hubby isn’t working on Saturdays any more, we’re really falling into a nice habit of enjoying our weekend – it’s pretty nice, I’ve got to say!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Well, don’t laugh, but my Friday night was filled with cupcakes. About 14 dozen of them. I’m not at all kidding. One of my girlfriends had an idea to bake cupcakes and sell them at an event our husbands were singing at (see the next paragraph on Saturday’s activities) in order to raise money for the new projectors our church just purchased (they were about $4,000 each!). Since she and I both love creating things in the kitchen, and we like to help people out, we went a little overboard…and by about 11:30 p.m. on Friday night we were looking at each other wondering if we had lost our minds or not. Anyways, we ended up with dozens of Caramel Apple, Hot Chocolate, Sweet Potato Casserole, Pumpkin Lava, and Apple Cobbler cupcakes, and a couple dozen Blueberry Muffins, too. So that was Friday! (By the way, the recipes for most of those cupcakes came from Stefani over at Cupcake Project. If you haven’t been over to her place, definitely check it out! (Make sure you check back here tomorrow, though, for all the details on the Caramel Apple ones!)
Accomplished on Saturday:
- We were up early and headed over to the Florida Strawberry Festival grounds for the Sonshine Opry (which is a gospel music festival). We enjoyed watching our men sing and we tried to sell the cupcakes! Made around $100, so it wasn’t too bad!
- Edited lots of photos
- Worked on the blog
- Did some copyright research
- Cooked lunch and dinner
- Took a NAP!
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sound check, Sunday School, choir and church. While there we sold some more cupcakes (we made about another $100!) and I got pulled to go run the projectors for a bit, so it was kind of a busy morning!
- Took another NAP!
- Edited more photos
- Cooked dinner
- Worked on the blog
So that was our weekend in a nutshell! Oh, and the lifestyle change thing… **SIGH**
You all know we’ve been doing the South Beach Diet for 3 weeks now. My hubby has lost 10 pounds (he only wanted to lose 12, the booger) so he’s pretty happy with it. I have lost 8.1 pounds…and have a LOT farther to go.
I think what’s really frustrated me the most was that I lost the 8.1 pounds in the first week…gained some of it back in the second week, and lost what I had gained in the third week. It’s not exactly the results I was looking for, especially when I’ve stuck to this diet religiously, more than any other one I’ve ever done, and I’ve worked SO HARD on grocery shopping, meal planning and cooking.
My husband has never had to diet before, so after a week he was a little bit over it. After two weeks he was officially over it. And at the end of this third week…he was DONE. So that’s been a little bit frustrating for me, as well. (He ate a bunch of stuff he shouldn’t on Friday night, AND ate a cupcake today, ha! Yes, I just threw him under the bus – he tells me he reads this blog, we’ll see if I get a comment out of him or not!)
So we’ve come to a decision. This next week we’re not “doing” South Beach – we’re “doing” HEALTHY. A few things we’ve changed, in no particular order:
- No more sodas
- Limited artificial sweeteners
- Limited sugar
- Less processed food
- Salads with every dinner
- More fruits and veggies
- More water
- 1% milk instead of 2%
- Limited starches
This will free me up to not be up cooking until midnight, so that I can actually use the elliptical that sits in our project room! What a novel idea!
So we’ll see how that works out. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
What did YOU do this weekend?