We had a crazy busy weekend…to the point that I thought I just might have a nervous breakdown (HA! Just kidding…well, maybe only kidding a little…) But it was all worth it in the end!
Accomplished on Friday:
- I got someone to clean my house. And YES, this is marked as an accomplishment on my list! First of all, because I’m pretty anal about cleaning my house and it’s hard for me to “let go” and let someone else do it. And second of all because it’s hard to find someone to clean a house around these parts. But I knew I couldn’t get everything done this weekend – there was just no way.
- Grocery shopping
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Basically put out fires all the live long day. I mean, really. If it could go wrong, it went wrong on Saturday. Everything from the washing machine leaking to the back porch screen door falling apart. I was supposed to only have a few things to prep for as far as our house guests that were coming in that afternoon, but instead I ended up with a multitude of tasks. To be quite honest, it was not a good day at all. And it takes a lot for me to say that it wasn’t a good day, because I LOVE looking for the positive. But I was really having a hard time finding it.
- Just before dinner we headed up to the church to pick up our kiddos from the African Children’s Choir
- Brought them and their chaperone home, got dinner on the table and made sure they got through all their showers and bedtime routine. (Their bedtime was 8:00 p.m. – wow!)
- Worked with photography clients
Can I just interject here that these kids are absolutely amazing? I know I blogged a little bit about the African Children’s Choir earlier in the week, but seriously, the gift the choir gives these incredible children is pretty fantastic! Please check them out at www.africanchildrenschoir.com. I have never been thanked so many times – from a thank-you for the ride home to a thank-you for these beds that we can sleep in. Such sweethearts. And they immediately were referring to Jerrod and I as Auntie and Uncle. They were an absolute joy.
We had four little boys and their chaperone, so we put all the boys in the Project Room on the air mattresses, and the chaperone right down the hall from them in the guest room. (And let me just say that these air mattresses are the GOOD kind – the Queen raised and velour-covered ones!) Then they had the guest bathroom to use, and it worked out quite well all the way around.
Oh, here we all are on our way to church on Sunday!
Accomplished on Sunday:
- House guests up, dressed, fed, cleaned up, packed up and delivered back to the church
- Wonderful service with the sweet kids singing and dancing!
- Thank-you/birthday party/luncheon for one of our Sunday School teachers who is moving on to another class
- Sunday afternoon nap (just a little one, but it still counts!)
- Photo shoot of 4 great kids in an urban setting
- Worked with more photography clients
By the end of the day Sunday, I was totally wiped out. The good news is, in all the craziness of the weekend, I actually lost another pound! I guess I need to run around like a chicken with my head cut off more often!
How was YOUR weekend? Do anything fun?