Just when I thought things were calming down a bit…it’s one of those times that I’m actually thankful today is Monday! Ever have those days after a crazy weekend?
Accomplished on Friday:
- Not much of anything, unfortunately. I wasn’t feeling too well, and I knew what was coming the next day, so I tried to rest up.
- I did prep my hubby to shoot a funeral the next day. Since I couldn’t be in two places at once, he offered to photograph the funeral while I did the wedding. (Almost ironic, eh?)
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Photographed a wedding (started at about 9:00 a.m. and finished at about 3:00 p.m.) It was an interesting one that involved wardrobe malfunctions, nothing starting on time and three different locations to travel to…but the couple was amazing! (One of the few weddings that I have actually cried at while photographing – so sweet!)
- Delivered Christmas gifts to my family members who are headed north to other family members for Christmas…and picked up all their treats to bring to the rest of the family members who will be here for Christmas.
- Came home just to turn around and leave again, headed to our Sunday School Christmas Party. Fantastic time with our class! Just what we needed after an emotional day for us both.
Accomplished on Sunday:
- I was starting to realize how much there was left to do…so I was actually at Walmart at 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning. (I know. I’ve finally lost it.)
- I did all the rest of the last-minute shopping after that
- I cleaned the entire house
- I wrapped the last of the Christmas presents
- I TOOK A NAP (I needed it by then!)
- I actually cooked dinner for my husband and spent some quality time with him for the rest of the evening. (He’s not gotten nearly as much attention as usual – we’ve been so busy!)
So now you see why I’m glad it’s Monday! All I have left to do for Christmas is prep a few dishes to take to gatherings – and then I’m golden! It’s all coming together!
I actually posted the following back in October, but I know we’re all down to the wire on Christmas, and I wanted to remind you of it!
If you’d still like to download this and print it out, CLICK HERE! Let’s remember why we’re doing all that we’re doing and what the real purpose of Christmas is!