Ah, Monday. Or “Monday Fun Day”, as I like to refer to it…dripping with sarcasm! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Our was actually…relatively normal, come to think of it! Which is a nice way to start 2014!
Accomplished on Friday:
- Grocery shopping (And can I just say that it’s also so nice to have relatively calm grocery shopping trips, now that the holidays are over? People are all back to normal again!)
- Did a bit of financial planning (At the beginning of each year we tend to get a little extra money coming in via my hubby’s profit-sharing total, our tax return, and we’re always still holding on to my Christmas bonus and any Christmas money we received, too. We like to take some time to plan where we will allocate the funds to…before we get too excited with them!)
Accomplished on Saturday:
- Slept in!
- Got two new tires and all that goes with them and an oil change for my car
- Prepared and delivered a meal for a family of 8! (They just had a new baby, so that makes mom and dad and SIX boys! WHEW!)
- Had dinner with the in-laws
Accomplished on Sunday:
- Sunday School, choir and church (We had family communion, which is always one of my favorite services, and a wonderful way to begin the year, as far as I’m concerned!)
- Lunch with friends
- Took a nap!
- Planned out the week ahead
- Worked on the blog (There are BIG things coming, folks! BIG THINGS!!!)
- Worked on the photography biz (Yes, even though I’ve got it closed down for the month of January, I’ve got some editing to do and some loose ends to tie up from 2013!)
- Worked on gathering our taxes together (I always start on this the first weekend of January – I like to get them done and get our refund back ASAP!)
- Cooked dinner! (My hubby is so glad I’m getting back into the kitchen after all the crazy holiday cooking! Wanna know what I cooked? CLICK HERE!)
- Finally finished taking down and packing away all of the Christmas decor. The house is officially back to normal, which is kind of nice, too. I miss all the sparkle and shine…but I feel refreshed, somehow. Next year, my task is to get it all decorated in one day…and then UN-decorated in one day. Let’s see how that goes!
- Did a bit of Valentine’s Day decorating! I’ll show you the Holiday Shelf soon!
I must say, it was nice to have a “normal” weekend. I was telling my husband how rested I felt after all the craziness of October, November and December. It’s much easier to think and plan and take action when my brain is actually functioning properly, ha! (I must slow down more often…I really must…in my free time…)
What did YOU do over the weekend?