Most of you know that I work full-time in insurance, but I also have a photography business that I own/operate, as well. I was working on editing some wedding photos this week, and I started thinking about all the creativity I’ve seen at weddings over the years. There’s some really cute ideas I’ve had the privilege to photograph! So I thought I’d take a post (or two, at this rate) and share them with all of you! All photos to follow taken by: ME!
1. See if your venue will pay tribute to you! (This couple’s reception location gave them a shout-out!)
2. Use items that are treasured! (Such as the family Bible!)
3. Weather-appropriate items always work! (Like a parasol in Florida!)
4. Don’t be afraid to buck “tradition” a little! (Like cake AND cupcakes!)
5. Centerpieces don’t have to be “fancy”! (I LOVE what they did with this tin can!)
6. Everything doesn’t HAVE to be matchy-matchy! (I’m LOVING the brides who are wearing fashion-statement shoes instead of “dyeables”!)
7. Have a useful and personal “guest book”! (Like this piece of art that can be hung in the home of the bride and groom!)
Or one like this!
8. Cover unseemly areas in a very simple manner (like this sheer white backdrop that sets the pictures off beautifully!)
9. Mix accents! (Like roses and leather, traditional and flashy!)
10. Give your guests something personal as they go! (Like your favorite sweet!)
11. Honor loved ones who have passed on, and let your guests participate, too!
And this bride carried pieces of loved one’s jewelry in her bouquet as a memorial to them!
12. Don’t be afraid to be unique! (See all the tools on the walls? And I LOVE those cake “pedestals”!)
Yes, I have enough of these to fill another blog post – coming soon!
What was your favorite? Get any ideas from this post? I sure do love to see people’s creativity shine through!